The Hartley Hut shepherd’s hut is situated privately among the trees with a view of the neighbouring fields. This Hut accommodate 2 adults with 1 x King size bed, a love seat, small equipped indoor kitchen and bathroom with flushing toilet, sink and heated running shower.
Outside your hut there is a fully decked covered veranda with roll down screens for extra weather protection. You will find a luxurious double ended bath with running hot water and patio heater so this can be enjoyed all year round, we even supply some of our homemade bath salts to try. There is a small dining area so you can enjoy your meal. Finally also included as standard is a fully equipped outdoor kitchen, with pots, pans, utensils, combi oven, freezer, sink with running water.
on the decked area you have a Wood fired hot tub which is acrylic lined, with lights and jets. This is located in your own private garden area, the garden has artificial grass a picket fence with gate, outdoor seating and fire pit with BBQ grill.
The huts are fully insulated with locking doors and functioning windows and also a powerful log burner to keep you extra cosy! Each bed has a electric blanket, extra blankets and hot water bottles are provided to keep you warm on the coldest of nights.
On arrival you will find our welcome hamper including some samples of our spa products from our onsite Lotus spa .
Onsite you will find our Lotus Spa, with Natural swimming pond, hot tub, barrel sauna, changing room, relaxation tent with wood burner, swim spa, flushing toilet, shower block and treatment pod. We have our own onsite masseuse to provide treatments from back neck and shoulder massage to facials, pamper packages and more. Please use the link to book any treatments or spa access. https://thompsonhallretreat.simplybook.it/v2/#book/
We also have our onsite 5* hygiene rated bistro where our chef cooks freshly cooked meals daily from breakfast to supper. These can also be enjoyed in your accommodation (please contact us if you would like a meal via email or contact form).
Enjoy miles and miles of off road walking around the beautiful village of Thompson including the Peddar’s way and Pingo trail. Thompson has a beautiful lake called Thompson water where you can spot many birds and wildlife. The accommodation is set in 32 acres and is a mile off road down a dirt track, the neighbouring woods go on for miles with many bike routes all connecting to the Thetford forest.
- 5* hygiene rated bistro.
- Onsite chef cooking breakfast to supper ( prior arrangement needed)
- Lotus spa area with natural swimming pond, hot tub, sauna, changing room, relaxation tent with wood burner, toilet block with flushing toilet and showers, treatment pod, swim spa, cold plunge and outdoor seating area. Please see our Lotus spa page for more information and to book.
- Geo dome dining
- Retreat Boxes
- Celebration packages we can cater any occasion and decorate your accommodation with 40″ balloons, balloon arches, banners, marriage proposals, anniversaries. (we can build the packages around you also).
- Massage therapist on site providing daily treatments please see our Treatments page for more information on what we provide
- Spa Products
- Early and late check out
- Sweet cones
- Bouquet of flowers
- Afternoon tea box
- Shepherds Hut with king-size bed with bedding
- Welcome hamper with tester spa products
- Outdoor covered veranda with Roll down screens for additional weather protection.
- Heat lamp above bath on veranda
- Wood burner inside Hut
- Private woodfired Hot tub ( from 10th march 2023)
- Outdoor bath
- 2 x Robes
- Hot water bottle
- Extra blankets
- Fully Equipped covered outdoor kitchen with combi oven.
- Pots/Pans/oven dishes
- Kitchen utensils
- Knife block
- Chopping board
- Indoor fridge
- Outdoor freezer with ice tray
- Small indoor kitchen with microwave and gas hob
- Heated towel rail
- Large shower
- Flushing toilet
- Natural spa factory toiletries
- Toilet Roll
- TV with DVD player
- Fire pit with BBQ grill
- A Small Amount of Fire Wood/ Fire lighters/ Matches
- Washing up liquid/ Dish Clothes/ Tea towels
- Under bed storage
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Rattan garden furniture
- Private garden area with artificial grass & Decking
- Fire extinguisher, fire blanket, smoke alarm and Co2 monitor
- First aid kit
- Outdoor lights
- Car parking